Skip to main content

How much of your craft do you know?

Dear Music Artiste, I'll like to share some thoughts with you. I may not be 100% right but I'm sure it will help you. 

Let's start with a question, and I'll like you to be sincere in your answer. 

How much do you do about your craft (music)? 

If you know the answer to this question, then you're good to go. But if not, I think you should start from there. No matter the genre of music you do, you must know and understand how it works. This to an extent will make you different from others (it's not a spiritual thing, it's a simple head knowledge). If you study the Old Testament and King David's pattern of music, you'll understand better. 

Don't just sing because everyone is singing, by all means, know the genre of song you're doing and why you are doing it. What do you know about that genre and how can you do it well. This should be your guide. I say this because I see a lot of us running in circles without knowing where we're going. Some of us don't even know what we want. 

This is a new year, the earlier you put things right, the better for you. Remember time and chance happen to everyone, but it will most likely happen to those you are prepared, relevant, and ready for.

Godswill Frank  
Your Musician

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 songs in 2 months

In less than two (2) months, four songs have been released and they have been a great blessing to the listeners. Go on and stream all four songs and leave us a comment. See all four songs below 👇 Stream  Reign on AudioMack , YouTube  and SoundCloud Stream SOTS on  AudioMack  and  SoundCloud Stream  The Prayer on   AudioMack , YouTube  and SoundCloud Stream  Pledge on AudioMack , YouTube  and SoundCloud Now you've streamed, which of this songs blessed you. Drop a comment on the comment box. Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel and also follow me on all socials.  I love and celebrate you. 

Fear of the unknown

Fear according to Cambridge Dictionary "is an unpleasant emotion or thought that you have when you are frightened or worried by something dangerous, painful, or bad that is happening or might happen:". To get what I'm about to share, I'll share a personal story so we see how fear of the unknown has kept a lot of us from achieving our desires in life. I went to a shop to get a pair of jeans and so I asked for the price of one I've tested and loved, the guy in charge told me it was XYZ Naira. Woooooow I didn't budget for such, I said a prize that was abnormal just so I can leave the place (that was my excuse) because I was afraid. A few days back I summoned courage and went back there again, I acted as though I've never been there before (but the guy recognized me 😂), but this time I was bold. They told me the same prize but this time I had the courage and so I had to negotiate and I finally got the jeans for almost half of the initial price they told me. 

How to Be a Good Singer

How to Be a Good Singer 1. Work With a Professional Listening to what friends have to say or reading blog posts can be helpful but when it’s time to take the next step, you’re going to need a Vocal Coach of some kind. When you’re first starting to improve your singing skills, that person might be a Teacher in school or perhaps someone else you know who has been singing for a long time. READ MORE 2. Breathe! Breathing properly and in time is key to delivering an on-point vocal performance and it is something you will have to master if you want to be a good singer. Breathing is also, sadly, something many of those just starting out as singers don’t think about nearly enough when really it’s one of the first things that needs to be mastered in order to improve. You should take time to practice breathing (a sentence that sounds funny but is actually sound advice) before every performance. In fact, if you’re really committed to becoming a great singer and potentially pursuing th